What is it you do when you first wake up? Do you greet your day with a stretch and a cup of coffee or tea? Do you exercise or do yoga? Whatever it is that you are doing to create your day, if you haven't opened your day through deep breathing via meditation then you are going to be lost to mindlessness instead of mindfulness. In many ways, not embracing your day through a peaceful awareness may affect your health, your mood, and sabotage you in body, mind and spirit. The benefits of meditation for health alone is a game-changer and one we all desperately need to adopt in order to engage in better health and wellness.
Here are some of the ways daily mindfulness will assist you in the awareness of living a better, more fulfilling and healthier life. You may have heard this before, so now I ask you to try to adopt it into your day so that you can implement it into your lifestyle for positive results.
· The deep, calming breathing you use to meditate has been proven to lower blood pressure and release the bad stress we experience on a regular basis in our lives. Personally, after a loss in my family my blood pressure rose up and I was put on medication to bring it down. When I continued my mindfulness routine steadily within six months I was taken off of the two pressure pills.
· It releases pain such as those related to headaches, muscles and joints while improving the immune system.
· It raises serotonin levels in the body to promote better sleep, thus avoiding bouts of insomnia.
· It can help one to respond with reason, rather than to react through emotion.
· It can provide positive energy that allows us to center ourselves to see the bigger picture and our role within it.
Of course, these are just a few of the benefits. There are hundreds more, but this will give you a well-rounded idea of how daily mindfulness can help you gain control over health and how we can build a better reality, ultimately enjoying a longer and more fulfilling life.